November 10, 2009

Craft fair finds

It's that time of year where the crafty get out and the inspired like me start stocking up for the holidays.  

I admire craft vendors who brave the early morning hours to set-up and greet the hoardes that descend upon them.  Good Gravy! has participated in a few craft fairs and let me tell you: it's not for the weak.  So this year, it was great to be on the other side of the tables cruising through fun finds and meeting great people.

As of fan of stationery and paper goods, I was really excited to see items from The Paper Stork live and in-person at a recent craft fair.  Jessica, the designer, artfully handcrafts paper and layers them together for a one-of-a-kind collage.  I encourage you to check out her designs which are perfect for children's rooms and nurseries.


Speaking of paper goods, I had to take a photo of something I stumbed across at another vendor's table: a little hat for - what else? - your spare toilet paper.  Cracked me right up. 

And while it would have made a really great Yankee Swap gift, I held onto my cash and moved along.

No comments: