February 8, 2010

Hello there, stinky

While cleaning out the basement, I found another magazine that was from my Nana's house.  The ads are circa 1971 and are as hilarious as they are dated.

I'm not sure Hairy Chest here should be so confidently describing his plans for non-deodorant use:

If I'm even concious at 11:00 p.m. - let alone concious enough to be playing chess with some dude in polyester pants - I question if a heaping glass of grapefruit juice would be my #1 snack choice:

And finally, while I get that color printing technology at the time didn't exactly make for deliciously accurate colors, I can't help but to be skeeved by not only the off-color reproduction of these food items, but also the staging:


Because nothing says "yum" like an ice cream dish full of greasy spaghetti or a big container of raw meat next to a sloppy joe.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Ugh - just the sight of that sloppy joe at 7am is even too much for me! What was going on with photography back then? Love these posts, they are a riot!

Into Ablivia said...

Great stuff! Back when people used to eat raw balls of hamburger with some salt. Errr, was that just my family??

Little Family Fun said...

Those are great!
Glad you found my blog, so that I could find your blog!
Linda