April 29, 2010

Perfectly imperfect


I ran across this post from Letti confessing her "real life." She mentioned how she had not posted pics of her messy house or talked about her less than stellar moments in motherhood in an effort to be a "perfect blogger."  It made me laugh a bit because perhaps I am guilty of the same. 

In my defense, I enjoy keeping things fun and light so you'll most likely never see an emotionally heavy post on this blog.  But in my effort to share imperfections that make me human, here is my (condensed) list:

+ I do not make my bed, even though I'm constantly considering buying a new duvet.  Seriously, why would I bother? 

+ I tend to stuff clutter in closets believing in the theory that if it looks good on the outside, only snoopy people will notice the inside...and they'll get the avalanche they deserve.

+ I have no intention of breaking Griffin of his pacifier habit until age three for one very selfish reason: my own sanity.

+ We sometimes eat fast food and prepared (frozen) meals.  We could certainly use less of both.

+ I don't care how healthy whole wheat bread is.  I shamelessly love white bread.

+ I am guilty of wearing the same (albeit clean) black track pants nearly every weekend because a) they're comfy and I don't care who sees them each Saturday/Sunday while I run errands, and b) they give the impression that I am coming from or going to the gym, either which cannot be further from the truth.

So there you have it...at least the short list.  :)


Photobucket

17 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I thought I was the only one who knew that little secret about the track pants.

Unknown said...

love it! ... we never make our bed until we are about to get in it lol

hugs
Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Two Little Tots said...

I LOVE the list! I feel the same way about my blog...but my life is messy...oh, so messy! So, I might just have to share a list too.

I do make all of the beds everyday....freak like that. I love getting in a made bed every night!

Unknown said...

We have our comforter stuffed in the closet & only really "make" the bed when people come over.....just in case they see our room :)

jackie fo said...

You're hilarious. I never make my bed and am so with you about the avalanche in the closet. I don't have time OR the desire to make my house perfect... unless I am having a party and I will clean like crazy (but still stuff everything in closets). Good post :)

JULIAN & Co. said...

ha ha ha - love it. don't make my bed either. ever. hon leaves the house before i get up and he makes it while i'm still in it. so we always have a half made bed ;o)

Into Ablivia said...

Who has time to make beds anyway!

Florida Life said...

My husband is the last one out of bed every day, and he ALWAYS makes the bed. Every day. It's the best gift he could give me! haha (or I too would never have a made up bed except when company came over).

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

love the list!! Mine is pretty close to yours :) (maybe a TAD longer)

Joanna G said...

I LOVE your list. Your honesty is so refreshing! I sometimes make the bed and I ALWAYS shove tons o' crap in the closet.

Emily said...

Does anyone actually have a perfect house or is everyone just pretending??

Denise said...

i wear the same black yoga pants m-f, and i don't do yoga.

i ahd a friend come to my "clean on the outside house," she opened the closets and i was humiliated. my closets have been clean ever since (3 years ago).

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Wow, I had no idea I was friends with so many non-bed-makers! Messy beds, unite! :)

ThatsWhatSheSaid said...

Damn those track pants! And lets not to forget to mention the wonderful purple plaid pj pants, that I gave you about 6 years ago. We know how much you LOVE those!

ThatsWhatSheSaid said...

Just realized...PURPLE PJ PANTS! We know the method to Waverly's madness!

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

Love this post.

Though I have been {trying} to make the bed daily the rest of my house remains a mess :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I have to admit one terrible thing I did when my 3 oldest (all boys now in their 40s) were little. They were "stair-steps" and I was always exhausted chasing them. If we went out somewhere and then needed to be "spiffed up," I would dress them first and then clean the parts that stuck out.....head/face, hands, etc! I only got caught once when we went to an acquantances house for dinner and had such a good time that we stayed to play games. The hour got late, the kids got tired, and when we put them down to sleep, everyone discovered my "dirty" little secret.....lol