September 10, 2010

Looks like my basement


I ran across an article discussing the consumption of children.  No, not the act of eating children (though those kid faces can be tasty little morsels), but rather their consumerism and the volume of things they own these days. 

Check out the work of photographer JeongMee Yoon who alarmingly captured this theme in her project:





I am guilty as charged in being my kids' #1 enabler of acquiring stuff they probably don't need.  I wonder what kind of wake-up call I'd have if I attempted a similar photo of my kids' playroom?  {{SHUDDER!}}

Photobucket

8 comments:

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

Yikes..for all the 'stuff' in those rooms..it looked pretty organized :)
I'm with you...I get the little ones too much junk - mainly as bribes.

oh..got my etch creme yesterday. Can't wait to use it!

Julie said...

Wow! You know, my husband and I were just talking about this this past weekend. We couldn't/can't believe how many "things" we have bought them. In the end, we decided to donate all of the toys that they no longer play with (along with the kids). We have a few boxes full already....oh my

Two Little Tots said...

Yikes, I hope that is not what all of the girls stuff would look like...that is just too much stuff! I was just telling them the other day, that they have too much stuff...because of all the drop pull messes they are making...and it is driving me nuts. So, I think this mommy is going to do a little bit of sorting of the toys in the next few weeks and the pictures will help me!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I think if we took a tally we would look like those little kiddos as well. Good photos to put things into perspective. Oh, and I do love me a little squeezable Sydney!

The Bonjour Four said...

wow... that is crazy! very true too. :(

Christina said...

I know for a fact that the boys have more toys than we as mom and dad had put together growing up ...

Karen @ Barefoot in Portland said...

Wow....I am sure we were to take a picture of all my daughter's "stuff" it would be horrifying! It is time to do some cleaning out! Goodwill here we come!

The Preppy Strawberry said...

WOW! That really puts thing into perspective seeing those kids rooms. I don't even want to think about my daughters room - horrifying!